|Size/Type ||Trailer Maximum Laden Weight* |
|Trailer Maximum Laden Weight*|
|20GP/RF ||Not exceeding 27.0 Metric Tons ||Not exceeding 28.0 Metric Tons|
|40GP/HQ/RF ||Not exceeding 29.9 Metric Tons ||Not exceeding 29.9 Metric Tons|
|45'HQ ||Not exceeding 35.9 Metric Tons ||Not exceeding 35.9 Metric Tons|
|* Trailer Maximum Laden Weight = chassis weight + payload + container tare weight |
- Laden containers which do not exceed the above weight limits can be transported on roads and over bridges in Singapore with ease.
- Please note that all trailers entering or leaving the port premises are subjected to checks by the Traffic Police at the weigh bridges sited at the port's entrance and exit gates.
Maximum Cargo Weight
| 20GP || |
Not exceeding 21720 kgs
| 20RF || |
Not exceeding 21050 kgs
| 20OT || |
Not exceeding 21560 kgs
| 20FL || |
Not exceeding 27530 kgs
| 40GP || |
Not exceeding 26500 kgs
| 40HQ || |
Not exceeding 26500 kgs
| 40RF || |
Not exceeding 27650 kgs
| 40RQ || |
Not exceeding 26050 kgs
| 40OT || |
Not exceeding 26280 kgs
| 40FL ||Not exceeding 39470 kgs |
| 45HQ || |
Not exceeding 25680 kgs
2. Customs Regulations and Information
3. Special Cargo Handling
Other DG Items under PSA Group 1
- Explosive Cargo under IMO 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 - PSA Group 1
- Vessels carrying this cargo are not allowed to berth alongside wharf. Handling (discharge/loading) is only allowed during daylight hours at designated DG anchorage.
- Floating cranes, barges/lighters and armed guard escorts must be used.
End user's certificate/import license is required three weeks prior to vessel's arrival.
Explosive Cargo under IMO 1.4 - PSA Group II
- Discretion may be exercised by PSA (by application for relegation) to allow handling at the wharf for small quantity at these criteria:
Maximum 250 kgs and the total quantity per vessel must not exceed 500 kgs (250 kgs for discharge/loading, 250 kgs for transiting only)
Firearms and Parts
- There is no limitation for fireworks under IMO1.4. However, for other explosives under IMO1.4, there is a limitation of 100 tons (cargo gross wt) per vessel. End users cert/import license is required 3 weeks before vessel arrival.
Ammonium Perchlorate under IMO 5.1 UNNO 1442 - PSA group II
- End user's certificate/import license required 3 weeks prior to vessel's arrival. Armed guard escort required.
- This is the only item under PSA group (ii) that has a limitation.
Max 10 tons per vessel permissible for vessel to berth alongside.
Ammonium Nitrate / Sodium Chlorate / Pottassium Chlorate
- Most of radioactive cargo is permitted to be handled at the wharf provided an approval permit is issued by the local Radio Protection Inspectorate (RPI). Shipper 's certificate of analysis required at least 3 weeks prior to vessel's arrival for transshipment container for application to RPI.
- Maximum 400 tons (cargo gross weight) per vessel allowed. Shipper's certificate of analysis required. As for ammonium nitrate the combustible matter must not be more than 0.2%.
4. Requirement of Net Weight Information for Dangerous Goods cargoes
- Net weight of ALL Dangerous Goods cargoes on board vessel (irregardless cargoes are bound for Singapore or transit and tranship via Singapore) is mandatory for carrier's declaration to MPA and PSA terminal. For Explosive, the Net Explosive Quantity will be required.
5. Requirement of Port of Receipt Emergency Contact Person and Contact Number for Dangerous Goods shipments
- Port of Receipt Emergency Contact Person and Contact Number information is compulsory for all Dangerous Goods shipments. This is applicable for Singapore local Inbound, Singapore local Outbound, Transhipment and Transit passing through Singapore. Absence of such information can result in rejection of the Dangerous Goods from being loaded onto the nominated vessels.
For further inquiries please contact Local office directly