Thailand is roughly the size of France at 513,115 sq km and is bordered by Burma, Kampuchea, Laos, Malaysia, the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea. It is strategically situated in the center of the Indo-Chinese Peninsula.
Thailand can be divided into five distinct regions with 77 provinces. Theses five regions are Central, North, Northeast, East and South. The central plain is dominated by the country's largest river, the Chao Phaya, beside which the capital city of Bangkok is located. The mountainous North contains the rich teak forests which reach down into deep valleys. The Northeast which covers the widest area among the five regions and the Southern region, stretching down to Malaysia, rich in agricultural, mineral and marine resources.
Thailand has been a constitutional monarchy since 1932. King Bhumiphol and Queen Sirikit constitute the present monarchy. The monarch has been the longest ruling King in Thai history. Our country was once known as Siam but in 1949, the name was changed to Thailand meaning “ Land of the Free."
Bangkok, with over six million people, is by far the largest urban center. It dominates the administrative, financial, industrial and commercial activities of the country. Other major towns are Chiang Mai in the North, Nakorn Ratchaseema in the Northeast and Songkhla in the South.
The country's population of 63.5 million is predominantly Thai with approximately nine million of Chinese origin. Approximately 70 percent of the population lives in rural areas and the remainder live in Bangkok, its environs and other urban centers.
Total Port Container Throughput per annum
- Main transportation of Thailand by highway/ railway/ lighter on Chaopraya River
Thailand major port:
- Laem Chabang Port (LCB)/Bangkok Port is river port (Chaopraya River)/Songkla Port at South of Thailand & Private Wharf locate at Chaopraya River.
Coverage of OOCL Thailand and Supply Chain Management
OOCL Thailand’s Transport between these cities is primarily via highway & railway.
OOCL - Dynamic in Thailand
- OOCL Thailand offers a broad variety of transportation, depot, warehouse and IT operations for end-to end supply chain management
- OOCL Thailand have set up 3 offices to serve our customers for their convenience at Bangkok metropolitan & commercial area / Laem Chabang branch office at eastern seaboard & Songkhla sales office in south of Thailand
- We offer a global coverage with weekly service to and from North America, Europe, Australia & New Zealand, Intra-Asia, the Middle East and the sub-continent .
- OOCL is one of the leading carriers in Thailand equipped with superior IT system , including the neutual shipping portal of CargoSmart for customer and carrier users
- Our experienced and dedicated sales teams manage corporate accounts, cross-country business and reefer cargo by one stop shopping service.
- Reefer Logistic - OOCL Thailand can provide Reefer Cold Chain and Logistic Solution into the wider range of reefer cargo services including AFAM+/MAG+ technology
- OOCL Logistics (Thailand), the sister company of OOCL Thailand, provides comprehensive international supply chain management service .We build up customer satisfaction through dedicated professionals equipped with well-recognized sophisticated IT system.